sexta-feira, 19 de julho de 2013

#43. Diários de bicicleta/The bicycle diaries: Nuevos Caminos

(English version below)

Saw you at a party
You asked me to dance
Said music was great for dancing
I don't really dance much
But this time I did
And I was glad that I did this time

And the song said "Let's be happy"
I was happy
It never made me happy before
And the song said "Don't be lonely"
It makes me lonely
I hear it and I'm lonely more and more

Where I belong, where I belong (Yo La Tengo, "Last Days of Disco")


Percebo agora que o Caminho não é só chegar. É saber como partir.
Nada é pra mim mais difícil que isso.

Estive em Santiago por três dias inteiros. Um coração levinho. O tempo não existe. Aqui estou eu, nessa cidade linda, dormindo numa cama digna de novo, e todo dia eu saio escondida caminhando sozinha pra assistir os peregrinos que chegam da à catedral. Sento e assisto. Gosto de ver todo mundo feliz. Eu sei como é, eu sou dentro da sua alegria, você esteve e é dentro da minha.
Depois de 2 anos de inverno suíço, nesta viagem eu tive que reaprender de novo como encostar em gente. E nos meus últimos dias no Caminho de Santiago eu literalmente beijei todo mundo que apareceu pela frente, todos os ciclistas foram religiosamente abraçados e esmagados por mim, "eu te amo" pra geral nos albergues, lágrimas de amor para todos os bikers, e meu inglês, meu francês e meu espanhol macarrônicos nunca estiveram melhores. Não tenho mais medo de nada, e inflo com orgulho meu peito de pessoa bizarra, emocional e pegajosa. (Não existe no mundo nenhuma palavra que expresse minha gratidão eterna à Espanha por ter me curado do coração gelado que eu cultivei em Genebra). Não quero estar em nenhum outro lugar. Quero que tudo pare, e quero viver pra sempre aqui, dentro deste segundo que é o momento em que eu cheguei em Santiago.
Até que chega o dia em que meus amigos bombeiros das Canárias têm que ir pra casa.
Insuportável. Nem eu mesma me aguento hoje. Estou chata, triste, coração partido, me sentindo traída, com vontade de morrer, olhando o relógio a cada 15 minutos. Ligo assim que o avião deles chega em Tenerife, desesperada, simplesmente pra descobrir que escutar a voz dos dois me deixa mais deprimida.
Não consigo dormir. Não consigo ficar acordada. A cerveja me dá enjôo e vontade de chorar.
Porque foram esses meninos  que me enfiaram contra a vontade todos os dias nos rios mais gelados do mundo e fizeram meu joelho sarar. David pedalou montanha acima lado a lado comigo, falando das Canárias e da vida, e foi com ele que eu cheguei nos lugares mais altos do Caminho de Santiago. A gente comeu polvo à galega e bebeu vinho, eles me fizeram rir, me ensinaram a limpar a bicicleta de manhã, encararam hostel trash, e eles me viram na minha mais alta fedentina e engraxamento ciclístico sem nunca deixarem de me amar. Aliás: sempre falaram que eu e Judi éramos as ciclistas mais lindas do mundo.
Agora eles foram embora e eu não sei quando e se vou encontrá-los de novo. Não sei o que fazer. Não tem mais Santiago, estou perdida, abro o mapa-múndi e não consigo escolher o meu próximo destino ciclístico no planeta Terra.
Olho pra Judi, devo estar com aquela cara de cachorro abandonado na chuva, e pergunto se posso acompanhá-la até Porto. A ideia é matar tempo em 250km light e esperar a inspiração de nosso Senhor Jesus Cristo. Se ele ajudar, chegando em Porto eu já vou ter decidido e comprado uma passagem de avião.

Somos agora apenas eu e Judi on the road. Não sei como é pra ela, mas eu nunca me senti mais sozinha.


*Nós 4 em Cycleland, prontos pra sair e pegar as montanhas
-----------------

Saw you at a party
You asked me to dance
Said music was great for dancing
I don't really dance much
But this time I did
And I was glad that I did this time

And the song said "Let's be happy"
I was happy
It never made me happy before
And the song said "Don't be lonely"
It makes me lonely
I hear it and I'm lonely more and more

Where I belong, where I belong (Yo La Tengo, "Last Days of Disco")


I realize now that it is not only about heading all the way to Santiago. It is also about learning how to let it go.

We were in Santiago for three days, and in these three days my heart was nothing but joy. Timelesness. Here I am, sleeping in a proper bed, resting, and every single day I walk by myself to the cathedral to watch the pilgrims who are arriving. "I've been there", and I feel part of their happiness, I am inside their contentment, they are inside of mine. Music, friends and sun... After 2 years of cold, long winters, I had to learn again how to touch people, and in this camino I kissed literally everyone of the cyclists I met. I told everyone that I loved them, I hug, and kiss everybody again, and my English is perfect, I do speak French and Spanish, I stopped being afraid of staying close and being the crazy emotional person I am. (Thanks, Spain, you definetely fixed me!) I want nothing but that. I want to stop time      now          and live eternally inside this very one second when I first got my feet in that city.
But it came the day when our firefighter friends from the Canarian Islands had to leave back home.
I suddenly became hopeless. Jesus, what a miserable day. Broken-hearted. Betrayed. Time now is fucking slow and I call them as soon as I realize their plane landed in Tenerife. I regret right away: hearing their voices makes me even more depressed. Nothing can do with my grief.
These guys were the ones who forced me into the ice-cold rivers and helped me to fix my knee. David was riding by my side in the last two days of the camino, the two of us up the worst mountains, and he was the one who shared with me the pleasure of arriving up there. We ate octopus and drank wine, we laughed, we cleaned our bikes in the morning, we struggled with bad and good hostels in our way, they saw me eating like a dinosaur and wearing my worst stinky clothes, but they never ever stopped loving me. We used to split going downhill, but we always knew we would finally get together in the end of each road.
Now they are gone and I don't know when and if I will see them again. I don't know where to go next. I am lost, so I check the world map to choose the next location to bike. Only biking can fix me. But I simply can't make any decision. I can´t find a place in the planet where I felt like cycling.
So I look at Judi with my disgusting, wet-dog-face and ask if I can I follow her 250km into Portugal.
The idea now is to kill some time riding until Porto. There is a main airport in that city. May God help me with inspiration - hopefully I will be able to make a decision and arrive in Porto with a plane ticket to take me and my bike to ride somewhere.
Now it is only me and Judi on the road. I don't know about her, but I have never felt more lonely.


*The four of us in Cycleland, early morning, getting ready to face the mountains




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário